|Wheat Flour||2.5 Cups|
|Cocoa Powder||1 tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Baking soda||0.5 teaspoon|
|Warm milk||1 cup|
|Red food color||10 drops|
|Vanilla essence||4 drops|
|Olive oil||1 cup|
|Crème cheese||250 gm|
|Lemon juice||1 teaspoon|
|icing sugar||1 tablespoon|
|Cherries||1 handful (for decoration)|
|Rum/vodka||2 teaspoon (optional)|
|1. Mix wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder well.
2. Transfer sugar in warm milk and stir till sugar gets dissolved. Once done, add vanilla drops to it.
3. In a large bowl, transfer all the dry ingredients from step 1 and then gradually add milk and sugar mix from step 2.
4. Mix the contents firmly. It should be either clockwise or anticlockwise direction. Do not whisk the mixture.
5. Then add buttermilk, oil and keep stirring gently. Once done add red food color.
N: If red food color is not available then add boiled beetroot crush. It would give a nice red color to the cake mixture.
6. Grease a microwave bowl(preferable round bowl) with some oil and transfer the cake batter in it.
7. Microwave for 7-8 min.on high.
8. After 7 min, bring the bowl out of microwave and pass a toothpick in it. If it comes out clean then the cake is done.
9. Switch off the microwave and keep the bowl in it for next 5 min. and then demould it.
|1. Transfer crème cheese in a bowl and whisk it for 5-7 min using electric whisker.
2. Add icing sugar and again whisk for next 5 min.
3. Add crème and again whisk for 7-10 min. till the mixture isn’t fluffy.
4. Once the icing is fluffy, add lemon drops.
5. Mix rum/vodka in icing.
|Icing the cake:|
|1. Divide the cake into two halfs , horizontally.
2. Spread the Icing on top of lower layer of the cake.
3. Place rest of the cake on top of it and then cover it completely with crème cheese icing made above.
4. Decorate with fresh cherries.
5. Can also spread left out pieces of red velvet cake shavings on top of it.